Abstract submissions are now closed
Important information before you start
**The abstract submission deadline is 19 August 2016 **
* Are you using one of the following browsers?
INTERNET EXPLORER (ver 9 or newer)
MOZILLA/FIREFOX (ver 1.3 or newer)
If not the screen will tell you if it detects you are using the wrong software and you would be advised to change to a computer with one of them installed.
* Have you got your abstract open and running on your own computer? – you need to be able to cut and paste it onto the web. (Note that keypad short cuts do not work with Mozilla, you need to use the menu, edit, paste command to paste in text to your submission).
* Is your abstract text less than 300 words – it will not allow you to paste larger submissions. The word count does NOT include your title, authoring or cited references
* Abstracts must not include tables or figures
Please note that your abstract will not be included in the program if you do not register and pay for your registration.
Submitting an Abstract
- Abstracts can be submitted for either oral or poster presentation.
- Please note that some requests for talks may need to be moved to poster presentations.
- Abstracts cannot contain more than 300 words in the main body of the abstract.
The submission process is online from the same profile you create for registration. It will work with any contemporary browser and the system will let you know if there is a problem with your browser version. When ready, you should open your document so you can cut and paste into the online system. Please do not work from .pdf files. The steps are straight forward and the abstract builds online as you paste in so you can check it is as you wish.
The benefits of this system are many but include:
i. Allowing you to preview your abstract and make modifications to your satisfaction.
ii. Ensuring you know your lodgement is completed as you will receive an immediate email confirmation
iii. Ensuring accurate indexing of all authors in the abstract book
iv. Ensuring consistent presentation of all abstracts in the proceedings (overarching formatting is imposed).
Note that your abstract will not be included in the program if you do not register and pay for your registration.
Please note you must be a fully paid registrant before you can submit an abstract to the conference.
When you've finished the submission
You will receive a confirmation email with after your Abstract Submission has been successfully submitted. You can view or edit your abstract by returning to your Currinda profile. If you do not receive this confirmation email, please contact ASN Events.
Changes can be made to your abstract until the scoring process begins. Just return to your Conference Dashboard and select the Edit option under Abstracts. The edit option will no longer appear once scoring has commenced.
Email notification of programming decisions will come from the secretariat shortly after the expiry of deadlines and the working program will be posted to the web site. It will also appear on your Currinda profile. The notification will include specific presentation instructions but in the interim, those preparing posters should note the maximum size allowed is 100cm wide by120cm deep. Velcro will be available to fix the poster to the boards.
A couple of weeks before the meeting, the final program will be published to this web page along with hyperlinks to the abstracts. The abstracts will also be available on the conference ‘App’.